Dear Metro East Dental Care Family,
We hope this finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot due to COVID-19, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same, our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- When you arrive at the office, you will be asked to call our office to “check in.” You will complete a screening form and we will take your temperature while in your car.
- We will have hand sanitizer in the foyer that we ask you use when you enter the office.
- Once inside the office, we will have you rinse with a hydrogen peroxide water solution for 30 seconds prior beginning treatment.
- You may see that our waiting will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you are offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (618) 877-6303 or visit our website at www.metroeastdentalcare.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Chris May and the Metro East Dental Care Team
We’re here to help. Contact Us!